Absolute Bobbins is a creative sewing company, run by the multi-talented Alison Barton-Simmons. She developed her babywearing bag design back in 2015. They are handmade by Alison here in Bolton, close to Firespiral HQ. Her bags are designed to fit comfortably around you and your child when they are in the wrap. The wide wrap straps can work in conjunction with your wrap, being spread or bunched to help you carry your bag comfortably. Being able to undo the strap entirely means that you don’t have to try and pass the strap over yours and your baby’s head (which can be really tricky to do!)
Absolute Bobbins babywearing bags can be customised to suit your individual needs, but this is what you get with every bag as standard.
- The main body of the bag is approx 30cm x 30cm x 16cm. All bags ordered directly via Firespiral will need to be made in this size only. If you would like a larger size then you can contact Absolute Bobbins directly to discuss your needs.
- A zip fastening main compartment
- An external pocket that runs the full width of the bag
- A wide, adjustable wrap cloth strap that fastens with 2 metal sling rings
- A backpack strip on the base, so that you can easily convert the bag from single to double strap
- Two small internal pockets
- External bottle pocket
- Integral metal key clip inside the main compartment
Standard bags made from Firespiral cloth cost £103, plus postage from Absolute Bobbins to you.Any extra customisation will be charged as extra. You will pay £34 deposit to us, and the remaining balance to Absolute Bobbins when your bag is ready to be sewn
To order a Firespiral Absolute Bobbins babywearing bag:
- Select your favourite wrap cloth for the main bag to be made from. You can see what we currently have available and pay your deposit here.
- We will pass your email address and order number over to Absolute Bobbins and Alison will be in touch to discuss your preferences. If you haven’t heard back from Alison within 7 days of paying your deposit, then email her at email@example.com
- Alison will ask you to select the following options:
1. Sling ring colour (she uses small rings from ringsforbabyslings.co.uk, so you need to choose from their available selection in that size here )
2. Bag lining fabric colour
3. Zip colour
4. Which side of the cloth you’d like to be used as the outer face of the cloth
- She will allocate you a sewing slot, and will require balance payment (a Paypal invoice from Absolute Bobbins) when your bag is ready to be sewn.
You can follow Absolute Bobbins on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/absolutebobbins/
and Instagram https://www.instagram.com/albyabsolutebobbins/
Tag your Firespiral Absolute Bobbins bag on social media #FirespiralBobbins
We love to see them in use!